May 14, 2010

Iron Chef

 
Tiffany Watkins is one amazing woman. She is the one that got us all out for the AMazing Race Competition...and now challenged us to an Iron Chef competition! We were so excited to be included in such a fun night! HOw fun is that to have a friend that is so talented, fun and creative!?!
 
Here we all are before diving in to a bunch of DELICIOUS food! Anthony Perry (Natalie is the photographer, so you don't see her pictured here....) Tyler and Tiffany Watkins, Heather and David Crawford (US...) Lori and Ben Mecham, Shawn and Katie Cullimore, and Greg and Tara Allen.
 
There was such a great variety! We were given the choice of chocolate, cheese or chicken. I of course thought chocolate....but I made something I had never made before and have to admit, I don't think they turned out that great. But, I sure loved eating so many yummy things! Is it just me or does it seem like when you make something at home for just because or just the family...your stuff is delicious.....then when you have to make something for someone or have company over or enter something into a competition, you totally flop! Maybe it was subconscious! If you look at this picture, you will notice that we were invited to a party that has a bunch of gym rats! I'm glad they invited, but c'mon....they all LOOK like "IRON chefs!" and after that night, I see they cook like them too! Oh well, I still had fun. Wouldn't you know? Shawn and Katie won in almost every category. That's funny, cuz they are the ones that won the AMAZING RACE too! What a winning couple they are! :) I love them!
 
Let's Grub! Isn't your mouth watering just watching us eat all this stuff? I will admit, I have a big sweet tooth. Infact, I would say it's more like a fang. But we had so many desserts, I actually felt a little sick! I enjoyed the savory stuff more. I never thought I'd say that!
Posted by Picasa
 
Natalie's home is so fun and relaxing! The guys had to "TRY OUT" the big screen television. Wouldn't you know? A basketball game! Actually, it was the end of the Jazz, Lakers game. A disappointing finish, but that's another story.
 
We all went downstairs for a friendly game of "Around the World Ping Pong". It was funny to watch each other try to run around the table trying to hit the ball on their turn. You can bet that I didn't last long in that game, but it was still fun! I can't wait to see what Tiffany will drum up next. She mentioned maybe a "body contest" or something....uh......uh.....uh......c'mon.......this has got to be a joke! You're all a bunch of hard bodies! Triathalon, marathon, gym goin' and teachin' people! You're killin' me! Let's do something like.....uh....I don't know....but I'm sure you'll come up with something REALLY good! hint, hint. :)
 
We just had fun all being together. We played the fun "signs" game. We just laughed and had so much fun. It reminded me of when we were younger and single and had big shin digs. I hope we do more of these fun group things. That is what makes life fun and exciting! It takes us away from the daily grind. I know the grind stuff is important, but when I can get away for a minute or an evening....it makes it easier to "keep on keepin' on" (like my dad says.) Speaking of that, it's funny how I always thought the stuff my parents said was weird and old fashioned and now I hear myself and my siblings saying funny things like our parents! I guess we gotta keep traditions alive, huh?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are so funny!! I just love you! I am so happy you could come...and aren't sick of me yet!!
Actually--I was thinking a little dodgeball competition next!! :) I called that place "JumpStreet" and we can rent out there dodge ball arena (which I believe is all on trampolines) for $160 and you can have 30 people--well you can even have more but the game is set up to be 15 on 15 she said--so that comes out to like 12 bucks a couple--I think :) Would you be in?? i'll probably go back to all of the amazing race couple and then some?!? Or we can all invite a few people, etc? I was thinking it would be fun to mix it up--boys against girls--35 and younger vs. 35 and older, etc...I think it could be fun...and dangerous...haven't played since 5th grade! :)
Or we could do water baseball or kickball...little pools at each base and a slip and slide for home?!?! we could invite kids to that one...maybe? do a kids game and an adult one..?!?! Anyway--we'll get something going for june--feel free to share any ideas!! :)
Thanks for coming and being such a good sport--and I LOVED your chocolate--I think you were just too critical and hard on yourself!! :)

Cluff Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I'm glad you take time out to get together with friends and catch up on what everyone is diodng in life.

Natalie said...

heather, you are too funny! your take on things always makes me laugh!

i about died when i read tiff's idea about a body contest. trust me, underneath the clothes, all i got is F L A B.

i think the jumpstreet idea will go over just fine with everyone. but i also think a huge bbq at a park sometime with all of our kids would be a fun time too!

Crissie said...

How fun is that?? I'm totally with you on food flopping when you make it for someone else. I made a meal for a friend the other week, and it totally flopped! When I made it for my own family previously it was perfect and delicious. I was SO mad and embarrassed to bring it over. Oh well.