Jan 15, 2012

Nana Grandma's Idea for a Rest Stop on the Way to Utah!

There is a little place that the church owns called Cove Fort. It is a couple of hours away from my parents house and my mom called to tell us that we should stop here and visit it.
 
I could be getting my facts mixed up, but I think President Hinckley's Grandfather owned this. IT was a rest stop in between Salt Lake and St. George. And a safe place from the Indians. Correct me if I'm wrong. We had a fun time stopping over there. I tried to imagine us really having to travel in a covered wagon. Doesn't sound too fun!
 
Can't believe what the pioneers went through!!!
 
Posted by Picasa
Thanks Grandma. Great idea!

2 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to have to give it a try with the kids next time we go there. Good luck on your new years resolution! I always love hearing what new things you guys are up to.

Dawn said...

We have stopped there. It was really fun and pretty cool to see all the stuff they and set up for travelers.