Dec 10, 2010

Abbie's daring adventure!

I've had this debate with myself for a while now. You see, I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 16. I never understood that. But, we all have different ways of parenting. I didn't feel comfortable piercing Abbie's ears as a baby cuz she was born a preemie ( 2lbs. 7oz)...and we were just trying to keep her well and growing. By the time she was one, people would ask if she was a boy or a girl because she had no hair...but I still didn't feel good about getting her ears pierced. Well, when she was 3 she decided she wanted them done. She saw some little girls at the gym and wanted to dress up like them. We went to the mall and ordered the earrings, sat her in the chair, cleaned her ear lobes, and put the dots to mark the spot. She freaked out all of a sudden....so we went home and thought "Ok....she's too young". So I've put it out of my mind. I wanted her to do it when she wanted to do it. Monday morning, she woke up and the first thing she said was "Mom! I dreamed last night that I got my ears pierced! Can we go today to get them done?" I told her it was a busy day, and also thought she'd chicken out by the evening. Well, for the last 3 days, she kept bugging us about it. SO last night, we had a little girls night out. It was Abbie, her friend Ashley and me.
 
Since Abbie's middle name is Claire it was only fitting that we went to Claires to get them done. They gave her a bear to hold onto to be brave!
 
Ashley was great moral support for a little girl that was trying to be brave! After all, Ashley is a veteran at this! She has had her ears pierced for a couple of years!
 
I video taped the first ear...just to get her reaction. I thought she would cry. She did surprisingly well! She just said, "Is that ear already done?" But as you can see in this picture, she was a little more nervous to get the left ear done.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Look how PROUD she is of herself! She did it! She was beaming from ear to ear!
 
I told the girls I would take them out for ice cream afterwards. I thought they'd pick Dairy Queen or Golden Spoon....NOPE...they chose the awesome gas station QuikTrip so they could make their own shakes. They both chose Oreo. They were all laughs and giggles last night. It's so fun having a girl. She's way more dramatic than the boys, but I love her just the same.
 

 
Posted by Picasa
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: