Oct 15, 2009

October Break

This has been an interesting week.  It's the first time I think we've had a whole week off for October break. Well, to start things off, Abbie had a fever and headache for 3 days. Not your typical fun way of spending a break.  At least she's not missing school, right?  We have had scares of the swine flu all around.  I don't know exactly WHAT that really is....it sounds so disgusting!  My friend calls it the "piggy sniffles"....but it seems like it's just another kind of flu.  Anyway, what I've enjoyed about this break is that David is home this week.  Sometimes I tease him that he's a little "anal"....but I've enjoyed that side of him this week since he has been cleaning, and organizing, and then cleaning and organizing some more!  I feel like I never have time to get it all done.  I find myself having just enough time to keep up with dishes, laundry, and your usual surface cleaning.  I am LOVING staying at home!  We are actually trying to get ready to go on a cruise next week.  Which really is UNBELIEVABLE!
It all kind of started out as us just "thinking out loud."  We get together as friends and have dinners and stuff.  We will talk about how much fun it would be to go on a cruise with just friends.....well our friend Shelly Turner decided to put our dreams into reality.  She was like, "Let's go in October!"  I quickly said that I didn't even own a Passport!   So, of course a planner like Shelly went home, and found out the information and sent it to my email address.  Then, a week later, she called us and the Allens and told us we were meeting at their house for Family Home Evening and dinner, and that we were going to buy our cruise tickets all together.  WOW.  This is REALLY going to happen. That is CRAZY!
So, David's parents have so graciously said they would come and watch our kids. I feel so blessed to have such great Inlaws! Not everyone loves or even LIKES their inlaws. We have NEVER been on a cruise, so we are excited to see what this kind of adventure is all about. We are going to Mexico. Catalina and Ensenada.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your October break sounds like ours. We were home sick too. I wish I was preparing for a cruise though. No such luck! Have a great time and I'll be waiting to see lots of pictures. Jealousy strikes again!