Oct 28, 2009

Cruise to Ensenada Part 2

 
Here are some of the houses we saw in Catalina. I guess I took more pictures of the houses than us. Go figure! Speaking of pictures...I'm waiting to get some from the other 2 couples....cuz I feel like I'm missing a bunch. Note to self....take more of the people and less of the scenery. It's beautiful anyway, eh?

 
The lovely golf tour....we were a BIG LOAD! Fun way to see the island though...

 
Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day! As you can see, the guys weren't really into the shopping. Unless you count Dave Allen trying to get free samples from the Candy Shoppe. They told him that they would go broke giving the million visitors a year free samples! Otherwise, you can see they were accross the street "resting" on a bench. They were good sports.

 
Posted by Picasa
Who would you think is the wedding crasher out of all of us? Take a good look in the background of one of the pictures. Yup, you guessed it, Dave Allen. He liked being somewhat of a pest on this trip. I don't mean to sound rude. He just seemed to like pushing people's buttons. We were highly entertained or highly embarrassed...or both during this trip. This couple that got married on the island, were also on our cruise. One night after they had gotten married, we were just getting into the elevator (on the ship)....we recognized this couple. We all said our "congrats" and all that good stuff, and then just as the elevator door was closing, Dave Allen goes right up to the door and said, "I guess it's too late to back out now....." I thought they were going to kill us! If they really wanted to, they could have. We were only going down like 2 floors to our rooms! We were all in shock! He is a character!
 
Before our trip even began, the 3 of us girls got together to "plan". We thought it would be so fun to para-sail. I got home and told David about it and he WAS NOT excited! For the next month, every once in a while he would bring it up that he didn't really want to do that! I really thought he was kidding! Well, on the little boat ride over to Catalina, David informed me that he wasn't going para-sailing. He said it wasn't his idea of "fun". Really, he was completely FREAKED OUT! David really isn't a man of many words, but his actions were speaking LOUD and CLEAR! It was kind of cute, actually. I still wanted to go, so I said I'd go tandum with one of the girls. Well, we got a really GOOD DEAL and at the last minute, David decided he would go. So, we paid, but then had to wait 2 hours until it was our turn. Let me tell you, I think David found every bathroom on the island! He would say, "I'll be right back!" And off he'd run! He was such a good sport. He ended up really loving it and actaully said that para-sailing was one of the highlights of the trip! Pretty awesome, huh?

 
Jason was a little afraid too...but is pretty good about pushing himself to try new things. I can't believe how peaceful it is being up there 1,000 feet in the air. You can't even hear the wind blowing...and to my surprise, it doesn't make your belly jump like a roller coaster! I was really happy about that! I was hoping it wasn't like "drop zone" or something. I would TOTALLY go again!

 
Posted by Picasa
Dave was the only one that had gone before. Jessica was a little nervous. I guess while they were up in the air, Dave looked at Jessica and noticed her knuckles were WHITE! We just really enjoyed ourselves and laughed so much! Again, I would TOTALLY recommend going with friends on a trip!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

How fun!! I love seeing a new side of David! LOL

Tawni said...

Okay, Dave Allen is SOOO related to my husband! They are like twins, I swear. Brian has embarrassed me many times with little comments like that to other people and he thinks he is soo funny! Me...don't think it's quite as funny.