Nov 1, 2009

Cruise to Ensenada and Catalina Part 3

 
There are always lots of things going on during the cruise. Something I always looked forward to was the evening meal in the "Destiny Dining Room". This is the area that we got some GREAT food! I tried Lobster for my first time....and Veal Parmigian. While we ate, we always had some form of entertainment. There was a man named Constantine that sang to us, or this picture is Menoj the magician from India. He had some cool card tricks. Dave Allen even tried to get him to teach him a trick to do at home. Menoj was really nice and came over to teach him and then Dave tried to mess him up! You had to be there to understand everything I write about. I am just trying to write some things down to remember the trip.

 
This picture is due to an ongoing joke we had during the cruise. The day we were getting off the ship to go to Catalina, these 3 guys were ahead of us in line to get on the water taxi. They were kind of flirty with me....teasing me and stuff. We kept bumping into the them....and they didn't seem to mind flirting even though we all had our husbands around. Well, when we saw this picture of them, we had to have some fun....so I picked it up and look like I am in love with them...

 
During the cruise, there are photographers that set up these cheesy backgrounds and these pictures of everyone on the cruise are up on display the whole time. We thought we would take some pictures of our own. The camera guys were NOT happy with us! Hence, not too many pictures of us in these "prime spots".... we do have the "Charlie's Angels" one of us.
 
Posted by Picasa
Oh my...here are Dave and Jason. Dave always had some kind of "different" picture he wanted to have taken. He walked up to an Asian lady he had never seen before and asked her if she would be in a picture with him. She looked kind of worried and said, "That's my husband over there!" And Dave said, "That's ok...that's my wife over there, I just want to get a picture with you!" She was so patient and actually waited with him and got a picture with him. The camera guy didn't let us take the shot with our camera....but I still have to include the funny things that happened...Just use your imagination for what the picture looked like!
 
We were so excited to go to a dance one of the nights that had all 80's music! SOOO fun! I got excited to see that I kind of matched the dance place with my zebra print!

 
We had fun playing cards while watching the ship out at sea. Such a relaxing atmosphere! I wish our cruise was longer! As if we didn't eat enough on the ship, we had our snacks and drinks out.

 
Dave and David. Just relaxing after the Ping Pong tournament.

 
Posted by Picasa
We had the same waitress each night in the Destiny Dining Room. Ours was named "TaTa". I think she was from Thailand, and we couldn't pronounce her name, so she told us to call her Tata. Easy enough, huh?
 
Here we are with Blessing. (That's really his name). He is the one that took care of our room for us. REALLY nice guy! Another funny story, Dave Allen told Blessing he had a complaint about the room. He told him he didn't get enough chocolates left on his bed! Well, turns out, our room was the last one that Blessing took care of....and Dave Allen had a different person. Blessing still left us like 10 chocolates each night becuase of Dave's comment. Each night we came into our room, there were towels folded on our bed in a different shape. I forgot to get a couple of them, but here are 3. Pretty cute, huh? An elephant, a pig and a frog.

 
I just couldn't believe all there was to do on this ship! We played a game of "HORSE"....I lost quickly. I would like to think that the reason why my shots weren't going in was because of the wind.

 
Miniature golfing at sunset! Doesn't get any prettier than that! We had so much fun. If you notice in these pictures, there is a red colored track that people could run on that goes around part of the golf course. One couple was having so much fun watching us, that they started to cut through half of the track so they could keep watching us. Cute, huh?

 
Posted by Picasa
Here are the guys warming up for the ping pong tournament. Don't know how well they did, cuz we went downstairs to play cards. I think they just had fun.

1 comment:

janevv said...

Great pictures Heather! I hope to hear more about it tonight. You all look like you're having so much fun! -Jane