Nov 17, 2009

What did we do BEFORE cell phones?

SO, I was doing the dishes like a good wife on Sunday and I heard my phone kind of vibrate or something. I thought..."Hmm...I must have gotten a text" I started looking for it and couldn't find it.....so I kept on doing dishes. I was letting the water out and what did I find? Yep, my red cell phone lying in the sink totally DROWNED! You have GOT to be kidding me! I personally get SO irritated when I have to buy something that I already have. LIke tires for example. I think once you buy tires, a blow dryer, a flat iron, a cell phone.....it should just work until you want a new look or something. TODAY I had to buy a new cell phone and blow dryer. One was $145 and the other was $130. What a spendy day for something I already had! UGH....Yes, I am a little bitter about it. I tried to take the battery off and air it out for a couple of days and even tried to immerse it in a bowl of rice to "soak up the liquid"....but, NO...nothing, nada, zilch, dead, no more! AAAHHHhhh!!!! I feel like screaming! I NEED a cell phone. HOw spoiled does that sound? I really don't know how I did it without one now. I used to think the people that had them were IDIOTS! How rude of me huh? I wondered why people needed to talk on the phone all the time. NOw, I don't feel safe unless I have a cell phone. I don't know how to leave town without my phone. For heavens sake, I am in California tonight to do hair for the week. I need to be able to be reached for whatever reason! I have clients that need to get a hold of me here and in AZ....and c'mon, how is my father in law supposed to know I'm ready with my bags and waiting outside if I don't have a cell phone to call! So, my question is...what did we do BEFORE cell phones? I have been "shushed" by an elderly woman before, so I know there are some people out there that still think cell phones are a disgrace to society! Seriously, I was sitting in the dentist office and a client called to ask what kind of products to pick out at the store. I started to tell her when the old lady next to me said, "EXCUSE ME! Could you please go OUTSIDE?" Now mind you, I have one nearly deaf ear...the one that was next to her and I still heard her. It wasn't like I was talking about my neighbor or some crazy gossip...for heavens sake I was telling a client to buy CHI pommade and stuff like that.
So, you wanna know why I'm in such a crazy grouchy mood tonight? I'll tell you! David and I decided it was NEEDED to get a phone before I left town. So, we went into Verizon Wireless store and bought the CHEAPEST, yes I will say it again, THE CHEAPEST phone we could get...but since my contract is not up....that blasted thing cost me $145!!!! Is that CRAZY? I thought so too! I was NOT happy!
Well, now that I have that off my chest, I am GRATEFUL for my cell phone. Aren't you?

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I hate having to buy stuff like that too. Just bought new truck tires and was as irritated about it as you are. I lost my cell phone and felt in a panic until I found it! Sad.