Nov 12, 2009

Many Hands Make Light Work!!!

 
Here I go again....can't pass up a bargain! I went to the Superstition Ranch Market and saw pears were only 4 lbs for $1.00! I know, amazing deal huh? Well, they looked like small and harmless boxes. So, I got 2 boxes. I almost went back for 1 more!

 
Yestersday was Veterans Day and the kids had no school. I had a few clients, so David decided to take the boys and their friends to the skate park to try it out. They have one friend who is really in to that stuff....so they went. Well, I told the kids that I wasn't going to load them with chores....(like I do anyway)....but I did say I wanted their rooms cleaned and help canning pears. They were so excited! And I was so excited that THEY were excited! Imagine knowing that you are going to have help in such a long and tedious process!! Ethan Winfield slept over and was really excited to help out! I had a client in the house, so I decided to get creative and set up shop outside. As you can see, there is a little system to this....1 or 2 peel, then one cuts in half and takes out the seeds and that funny thing down the middle, and then one puts into the water/solution so they won't brown and then we put them in bottles..
 
Now I wanto you to know how much fun they were having! I really was NOT a slave driver! Ethan went home and told his mom how much fun he had canning pears and that they were going to be able to go ANYTIME to our house to eat pears throughout the year! How cute is that?
 
Posted by Picasa
We've got Eli washing and rinsing bottles to get them ready for the pears. What great helpers I have!
 
We were having so much fun that Braeden, and Schuyler came to help and before we knew it, we had Cliff and Laura Mostosky over helping us out! They were WONDERFUL! It's a big job doing all of that canning. I can actually say it was fun. Maybe because it was outside, or maybe it was because we were with friends. Happy Pear Eating!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah S. said...

I just wanted to let you know that I canned today for the FIRST time. Yes I know that is embarassing that it is my first time. I was inspired by your post and went and picked up some pears also. My mom taught me how. It was so much fun and will always be a great memory for me. Thanks for the inspiration Heather.