Nov 5, 2009

The Final Tale of the Ensenada Cruise

 
I guess there are only 3 Blow Holes in the world. One is in Hawaii, one is in Australia and one is in Mexico. We were able to wheel and deal once we got to Ensenada. That's kind of a fun thing. I'm sure the people there were getting pretty sick of us. We managed to get a taxi driver to drive all 6 of us in his van to the Blow Hole which was about 45 minutes away. He waited there for us for 2 hours and then brought us back. All of that for $60. That was $20 a piece. There is a huge flea market leading down to the Blow Hole that you can't resist....even if you wanted to. It was amazing how those people just call out to you to come and see their merchandise. The funny thing is that it is the same stuff the whole way down....purses, fake silver, masks, and some TERRIBLE T-shirts! Mercy! They all swear they can give you a better deal than the last guy! It was fun at first, but it gets to be a little much after a while. You don't know if you should feel sorry for them or be really annoyed with them! We ended up getting some jewelry for Abbie and I and sling shots for the boys. David just wanted to have some tacos like he remembered from his mission. They did NOT disappoint! They were actually quite tasty. Of course, Dave Allen let them know that they didn't put enough meat in his and to load it up! They did for NO extra charge! You won't see that happening here, that's for sure!
 
Posted by Picasa
We just walked around the town for a while. Trying to see if there was anything else of interest. It's so heartbreaking to see women with 3 or 4 little kids walking around on the streets begging for you to buy little packets of gum from them! They seemed so desperate! I just kept thinking how grateful I was for all I had! It made me miss my own kids and wish that I could just help EVERYONE!
 
The life here is WAY different! I guess that's nothing new to any of us. It was just really interesting to see a day in the life of these people. They have these HUGE fish markets...everything was out in the open! Flies and everything! WOW...that's all I have to say about that!
 

 
WOW! What a handsome guy, huh? I have just enjoyed being married to David. He is such a great person! I really do look forward to each day being with him! I never thought married life could be so fun! I'm sure it has a lot to do with him being a peace maker. But I SOOO appreciate him! He really does bring out the best in me! I know, I know...enough of the mushy stuff.....
Posted by Picasa
 
Well...I gotta stay on the mushy side a little more...I LOVE these friends! I just enjoyed every minute and feel like I know them all better! I will always cherish the memories from this trip! I hope we can do something like this again!
Posted by Picasa
 
I know, it's a little out of order...but I'm a little tired of writing about this trip and refuse to figure out how to shuffle, so I'll just continue. This was one of the things they had to entertain us while on the ship. A guy making a sculpture out of ice. Can you see what it is? If I remember right, it is 2 love birds forming a heart or something like that. It's fascinating to watch!


 
David and I
 
Jason and Shelly
 
Dave and Jessica
Posted by Picasa
 
Our last night on the cruise, both of the Davids decided to parade in their robes from the rooms. I couldn't help but get out my camera...don't they look fantastic in their attire? I thought so too!!!! I THOUGHT this was going to "Be all for now Folks"....but as you can see, there are still a couple of more collages to finsih off this trip!
 
This really is funny....we STARTED off the trip with a tire that was "low"...we stopped at a gas station every 2 hours to fill it up...so really, this was just inevitable. Is that the way you spell it? Don't know... Anyway, we are happy that we made it ON the cruise looking back, because on the way HOME....all of a sudden "POW!!!!" The tire went flat! Of course Dave will tell you that it was the tire that I was sitting over, but c'mon...it was waiting to happen! Back me up here folks! I got out the trusty ole' camera to document such a fun time! It was fun watching the guys figure out how to get that spare tire from under the Suburban. That only took like 10 minutes...and by then, a cop stopped to check on us...Of course Dave has to talk to him and then needs his picture with his hands up on their truck. I guess he's practicing for when it really happens, huh? No, just kidding....
Well, it sure was fun and I'm glad to say I've finally finished documenting this trip. NOte to self: Don't take so many pictures next time! I never did go and get pictures from everyone else, I decided I was overwhelmed with how many I took.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tawni said...

I LOVE the scenery shots you got! You have to take lots of pictures to remember it all! I always do!
Glad you guys had soo much fun!
Note to self: Go with friends next time!

Melody said...

Wow! It looks like you had such a blast! Glad you got to do it. I noticed you know Randy and Meredith. Randy's my cousin; how do you know them?

Cluff Family said...

Hey Heather,

Change your background to a different color from yellow, my OLD eyes can't read your post but the pictures look like you had so much fun. I didn't know that Dave and Jessica went with you. They make everything more fun.

Matt Heninger said...

Heather, Great job! You are a professional blogger! It was so fun to visit with you! Hugs! RaLyn