Aug 17, 2010

RRRRiiiinnnnggggg!!!! School is Back in Session!

I don't have a cute poem to go with my post. I wish I was that creative! I am completely behind and need to post our summer activities....but for now I'll start where we are right now. I am probably the epitome of bad mom cuz I am one of those that is GLAD my kids are back in school. WHY? Cuz it's blazing hot here and nothing to do except for eat, watch tv, and play video games. Yes, I did try to get them to do some chores and they were on the swim team (another post for later) and I had them reading, but that only lasts for so long. When you don't own a pool, you are at the mercy of the community pool or a friend inviting you and if neither of those come to pass....you stay at home and play video games! I love these cute kids of mine, but want them to be SOMETHING and SOMEONE....so while I'm doing hair all day, they do that which takes the least energy.....

WIth that said....here are some pictures from the eventful day....
Abbie in all her 7 year old glory. She has so much spunk in her! Just look at her pose! :) Gotta love a girl who knows what she wants! The fun thing was going to "Justice" to clothes shop! She was in HEAVEN! Let's just say she's 7 going on 17! Abbie is in 2nd grade this year. I can't believe it. She is so excited to go back to school. What a cutie pie!
 
Mason is the big 6th grader this year. Hard to believe! He is turning into a Young Man! He will probably pass me up this year. I guess that's not too hard to do when I'm only 5 foot 2! Hey, that ryhmed! He is LOVING this year because the 6th graders are over at the Jr. High...so they get to have Jr High dress code which means he can wear SHORTS! Hooray for shorts since it's only 110 degrees at school everyday! The other kids at the bus stop didn't think that seemed too fair, but they'll get their chances right?
 
Eli boy is in 4th grade this year. He comes home SOOO much happier this year! I can't tell you what a difference it makes when your teacher is happy.
 
The Crawford 3 ready to take school by storm!
 
Posted by Picasa
Some of the girls at the bus stop. Now you can see why it's all so fun!
 
 
There seems to be this tradition of all the kids riding their scooters to the bus stop and then the parents bring them all home. Any exercise is good, right?

 
Our bus stop is just so fun this year! When we started at this school there were only 2 families there and now we have 8 families there! It's a party!

 
Posted by Picasa
Can't leave the boys out of the equation! We LOVE our neighborhood! We're a big family!
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I just LOVE your kids! LOve that face on Abbie girl too. No, you're not a bad Mom at all, I'm looking forward to my first grader being gone all day instead of 2 hours to Kindergarten. Woo Hoo! Miss your guts Heather. *hugs*

Tawni said...

I am glad school is in too, so we both must be bad mom's, or both GOOD mom's! I am a happier mom when I have had a break, if you know what I mean. It is better for all of us.
Your kids are too cute!
The bus stop is a party and I love it!

Sarah S. said...

Your kids are so cute Heather. I agree with you that a teacher can make all the difference for a childs attitude. I have noticed a big difference in Trey this year as far as being happy.