Aug 20, 2010

Summer Fun In San Jose

This summer we somehow managed to take 3 trips. 2 of them were to go and do hair and then we stayed a played a little bit. After all, we gotta take advantage of those business trips! We were so excited to play with our cousins! We got to know Aaron and Kimberly much better since they are living with Grandma and Grandpa Crawford for a year. Abbie even got to take a turn feeding Kimberly! What a great mom in training!
 
ONe of our favorite things to do with our favorite friends in San Jose is go to the beach and have a bonfire! We went with Langlois, Whitmarsh, and Dyreng families. I guess we were having so much fun that I didn't get many pictures! It looks like a really small group, but 4 families around the fire made for a BIG gathering! We sat around talking, laughing and eating until the police announce it's time to get off the beach! TIme sure flies there!
 
Our friends the Rachel and Richard WHitmarsh came out from Australia for a little visit. I guess it's a long visit. 3 weeks! I LOVE them! We tried to take advantage of our time got to do a few fun things together.
 
Donny and Michelle are such neat parents! I learn from them all the time! Michelle is quite an accompished musician and a GREAT mom! One night, I heard them in their room singing and playing little instruments and couldn't help but peak my head inside to see what was happening. How cute is this that they were all playing their little instruments while singing primary songs for Family HOme Evening.
 
IN the Summertime, Santa Cruz has dollar nights at the boardwalk. We try to make it there once a year. Here we are eating our dollar hotdogs and dollar drinks! Whatever we do together is FUN!
Posted by Picasa
 
The night flew by as we rode rides and ate Kettle Korn.
 
2 of my favorite people! Sara and Rachel. These girls are some of the reason that I LOVED living in San Jose! IT's all about the people!
 
Eli asked if he could try to shoot the basketball for a prize. I personally don't think it's ever worth your money to try to do that. But he kept asking, so I thought I'd teach him that lesson that it's a waste. Well, he showed me! He got it in the hoop and won a prize! GOod job Eli boy!
 
Posted by Picasa
Rachel is such a great friend! I love her so much! I really miss her! I don't get to see her very often now that they moved back to Australia, but whenever we get back together, we just pick up where we left off. We stayed an extra day just to be with them a little longer. We hope to go and visit them someday....hopefully sooner than later!

 
OUr last stop before parting ways was YOGURTLAND. WOW! That is Yummy! You get your own yogurt and toppings and then weigh and pay. What a great idea! OUr kids had so much fun together. Richard in his socks and Abbie with her black teeth. How much more fun could there be? IT was fun to reconnect again since we hadn't been together for 3 years. Thanks for all the fun memories!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Autumn said...

EVERYwhere you go, you make it look like so much fun! I Love your blog background too. XO

Mead Family said...

Looks like an awesome summer! You are quite the accomplished blogger:) I love that we can keep in touch through blogs. Wish life was slower for all of us so we could see you more!