Aug 18, 2010

She Finally Lost it!

 
Posted by Picasa
My baby finally lost her 1st tooth at age 7! I can't believe it took so long! I guess that is supposed to be good, but if you ask Abbie she will tell you that she has waited forever and wanted to lose it a long time ago! She is in a hurry to grow up, so I am grateful that Mother Nature holds her back a little. I do have to say how funny it that since Kindergarten, Abbie has come home several days and asked me "When are my teeth going to start to wiggle?" It would come up from time to time when a kid in her class lost another tooth. By 2nd grade, it's no big deal that kids are losing teeth...they have already grown in their 2 big front teeth and everything.

Well...Abbie started complaining that her tooth hurt and that it was wiggling. I was so excited for her! Well now that she felt it, she wasn't very excited. She didn't know there was a little bit of pain involved with losing teeth! Soooo, she didn't let me touch that tooth for a good couple of weeks. Then one evening, I convinced her that it was time to get it out and that I would quickly pull it and everything would be over. She cried and whined, and kept asking me to pinch her arm for how much it would hurt. It was quite comical actually....Finally, I pulled it out and when she realized it wasn't as bad as she imagined, then she was instantly PROUD of herself! She went around telling everyone in sight that she lost her tooth!

The funny part is, she is short and little and is just starting to lose teeth, which is alot of the kindergarten population. So, people are always asking her if she's in Kindergarten or 1st grade...she quickly tells them "I'm in 2nd grade!" She is not happy that people think she is young. Isn't that funny? When we are little, we don't want to be little or young and when we get older that's all we want to be!!!! I guess that's just life.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Yay for Abbie! It must be in the genes. Lucas is starting 1st grade and hasn't lost any either!