May 10, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday Mason!

I can't believe Mason turned 12! I remember when I turned 12. I couldn't wait to be 12 so I could go in the jacuzzi at the Rec Center. Ü I don't think there are age limits on things anymore. Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday that I brought home my first baby. Mason has always been a good boy. He made me feel like a champ of a mom! He has always been good nature, well behaved and a good eater. He has always been a dream! There is something really special about Mason. He is well liked, a good athlete, smart, the peacemaker of our home and so handsome! (If I don't say so myself.) I'm not a proud mom, am I? Actually, Mason probably has an older spirit than I do. I feel like he's always teaching me. It is an honor to be his mom and to have him in our home. Now I will say, he is a big tease and does get Abbie all grouchy sometimes, he is NOT perfect, but I'm sure glad he's our son!
Posted by Picasa
We don't have parties every year, but we felt like this was a big year....so we decided to have a party. Mason planned it, which is great for me. He wanted to play Dodge Ball. I have keys to the church, so we just went there and played Dodge Ball. Is this a legal thing? I dunno. Ignorance is bliss. I just hope you don't use me as the example that it's ok to have a birthday party at the church, cuz maybe we were in the wrong. But it sure was fun! And so easy to clean up, and big enough for everyone to fit....

They had a few tournaments and at one point we had the Crawfords against the rest of the party. SOO fun! David's parents came out to see Mason get the Priesthood, so were here for the party. So, it was David, Bob, Mason, Eli, Abbie and Me. WE WON!!! ONly because David is so good, but I like to have any kind of bragging rights that I can have.
 
They played hard and would come to take water breaks and having a few snacks. Did I say how easy this party was? Ü Nothing fancy, I know....but boys don't appreciate fancy anyway. Or do they? I'm pretending they don't!
 
As you can see, we DID obey the rule about no fires in the church. So, we took my lovely homemade and decorated cake outside to put some candles on it. DON'T look too closely at my cake decorating skills, cuz there aren't any! haha....It tasted good though. I love that Mason is so easy going and didn't care that I made the cake. I will say that Mason has changed this year. He's getting into the "cool" stage. I don't know what I think about that. I have gone to help at the kids' classes every year and this year he kind of acts embarrassed! Hey! C'mon, I'm the COOL mom....(at least I think I am. hahaha) But, I know this is when they really start worrying what their friends think. He still treats me well....he just doesn't want me coming up to his desk to talk to him. He just wants me to help and then go. I never thought it would come to this! hahaha...oh well...it's part of life right? We reap what we sowed when we were younger.
 
Mason had to bring in a poster to be spotlighted and here it is. I love the baby pictures we put in there. I guess I kind of embarrassed him by doing it, but secretly I think he LOVES the attention. He just has to ACT like he's embarrassed!
 
Since turning 12, Mason has been able to receive the Priesthood. (Power given to worthy Males over 12 to act in the name of Christ). He has enjoyed passing the sacrament the last 2 weeks and wants to get to church early to help set up. He is such a great brother and son. I love him! I'm so grateful he is in our family!!!

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

When Logan had his birthday last month, the boys played dodge ball in our backyard before we went to Bounce U. They were so excited to come back and play dodge ball again. Sheesh, I could have saved myself a ton of money if I would have only known how much they loved dodge ball. I am totally going to steal your idea when Logan turns 12. I hope that's ok.

Autumn said...

That party looks so fun! You're such a good Mom. I loved seeing those cute baby pics of him again. We LOVE Mason!

Sara Langlois Fisher said...

So fun!!! Do you remember all of my birthday parties where we did that? And I always had to have the crawfords come because they are the best at vball :) i cant believe the kids are so old...i miss you guys!