May 9, 2011

Shnookie Doodle Came to Town...Riding on an Airplane!!

For my journal's sake...I have to include my sister Brook's nickname. For as long as I can remember, I called Brook Shnookie Doodle. She never really liked it, so that's probably why I kept calling her that. You know, the teasing sibling thing Ü. Now that we are older, I don't think she minds the name too much. It helps her to know how much I love her. This trip, we started making up a song to "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with Shnookie Doodle instead. Abbie proceeded to sing that song the whole time Brook was here! Kinda funny....at least I think so...haha....
 
Brook and Michael live in Florida now. Michael is in Residency for Dermatology. (I think that's what it's called). Michael had a conference to come to out here, so Brook and the girls came too! We had so much fun together! They were here only a few days, but I'm really glad our kids got to know each other. We haven't had them together since they were really small and they don't really remember those times.
 
Ebony is 9. She's a really sweet girl. She has definitely grown up. Very mature for her age. She and Abbie got along really well.
 
Erika is a little spitfire. We love her. Very fun, and also sensitive. She and Abbie were either having a ball or really not getting along at all! Sounds more like sisters, huh?
 
Here are those cute girls right before church. We were very impressed that their Easter dresses went so well together since we didn't plan out what they were going to wear. Aren't they just lovely? I thought so too!
 
Posted by Picasa
This is the Sunday that Mason got to pass the sacrament for the first time. So, he and David went a little early to church which left Eli at home with all the girl to have picture time. He looks thrilled, doesn't he?
 

 

 

 

 

 
They had never been to The Grand Canyon before...so on Monday, we decided to drive to the South Rim. We laughed so much and had such a fun time! The kids were all great travelers. It was a 9 hour round trip....but we sure enjoyed it!
 
Posted by Picasa
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa
 
Brook and Abbie are both the princesses of their family. Ü I just had to get them posing as we walked down the rock stairway to see the gorgeous Grand Canyon!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa
 
To say the least, it was a very exciting and unforgettable trip! Especially that after I drank some of the "delicious Grand Canyon Water" I got the Rocky Mountain Quick Step! haha....I had to stop at 3 bathrooms and was worried I wouldn't make it home! Mercy! Last time I'll fill up my water bottle with THEIR water!
 

 
Posted by Picasa
The trip went by too fast. I wish I lived closer to my sisters. We always have a fun time together. We just need to get our own airplane or something! There has to be a solution to this problem! Wait, I got an idea! They should move HERE!!! hint hint.....

Actually, they had to leave after a few short days to go up to Utah. Erika was having Grandpa Jefferies baptize her. Michael and Ebony were baptized last year, so really, Michael could have baptized her, but she didn't want to feel "left out" so they went up to Utah for Grandpa to do the baptism.

No comments: