Jan 30, 2010

The FInal Chapter of Crazy Cousin Christmas! Promise!

The main reason for blogging for me is to keep a family history for my kids. I was TRYING to scrapbook for a few years and fell so far behind that I felt REALLY overwhelmed! To say the least. Then, everyone around me kept talking about blogging and how it is SO much easier than scrapbooking. I really feel like it is a WONDERFUL thing! With that said, I know this cousin Christmas has lasted a long time, but it's really more for the kids....
David's dad BOB CRAWFORD grew up in Oakland, CA. BEFORE the Oakland Temple was built, he lived in that neighborhood and would play on the hill where the temple now sits. The COOL thing is that he wasn't a member of our church. He has been the only person in his family to join, but we think it's pretty special that he joined later in life after he and Linda were married. Anyway, our cousin Brittany wanted all of the cousins to come to the house Bill, Bob and Tom Crawford grew up in to hear them talk about some of their memories. So here are all of us gathered looking accross the street at the house watching Bob and Tom talk about things they remembered. The funny thing is, people kept looking at us so funny. We were a LARGE group all staring at this house. It would be funny to know what people were thinking as they drove by!
 
Here's their home. Their parents were F. Mason and Margaret Crawford. Bob is telling us some fascinating story....I just can't remember to jot them down!
 
We went to Tom and Alana's home afterwards to have a yummy lasagna dinner and some fun hanging out time! They live in Castro Valley which is only about 15 minutes away from their growing up home. It's so nice to have family! The kids all got along so well!
 
Posted by Picasa
Poor Linda gets hot so easily! One night the kids heard her say "I'm just SWEATING!" One of the grandkids ran and got an icepack out of the freezer and brought it and put it on her head and then gave her some ice water! I had to include it! Nothing like those funny memories!
 
One thing for sure is....these Crawford kids are VERY creative! It reminds me of when I was growing up. Sometimes that creative play seems like a lost art with all the computer stuff, Wii games, etc....The kids built this HUGE fort and called it CLUB B. Not too sure what "B" stands for...but they were trying to make money! They had us come in and get a back massage for 1 penny! WHAT a bargain! We would tip them big like a nickle or something. :) I love the rules they have posted. These are memories we will always treasure!
 
We love our cousins on both sides. Here are a few of the candid shots that Donny took. I had to "borrow" them. Thanks Donny!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love these Christmas posts!! You did a great job of documenting the week (now I don't have to, I'll just refer everyone to your blog :)