Jan 15, 2010

This has CHANGED my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrEf4u5zqiY

I set a goal about 5 months ago to go to the temple once a week. I am SOOO grateful for the temple! I remember reading an article from one of the 12 apostles (Elder Bednar) and he talked about how important it is for us to go to the temple often and to really worship there. Not to just try to get there and hustle through. Anyway, I have set aside Fridays for going to the temple. Sometimes I will have one client in the morning and then go, but I feel so much better when I can get to the temple. There is nothing on earth that brings me more peace than being in the temple. When we went to San Diego at Christmas time, I got up early and went to the temple there. THAT has to be my favorite Celestial Room EVER! WOW! There is so much going on all around us and lots of negative surrounding us. I feel like I can find the peace to get answers for myself and my family and what I need to do. I still fall short in many ways, and want to be better all the time. But I am so grateful that we only live 20 minutes away and I want to take advantage of that for sure!

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

There you go agin...setting examples. You are awesome and I hope that I can make that same goal Heather.

Autumn said...

Good for you Heather. You're awesome. Thanks for the reminder. *hugs*

Tawni said...

I really think it is soo awesome that you go that often! I need to go much more than I do, thanks for sharing your experience!

Cherene said...

I'm going to start going on Fridays this semester, so hopefully we'll run into each other again there soon! Going once a week has made a huge difference in my life too. The blessings come pouring in, and make the sacrifice of going seem so insignificant. Keep up the good work, girl!!

Cluff Family said...

Good for you, Heather. It was great to see you last Friday even if it was just for a second.