Feb 16, 2010

Hiking and Pancakes....A great combination!

I am really enjoying this stage of life right now. THis is probably my calm before my storm. I'm out of the diaper changing and potty training...not that it was a bad thing...I'm just having fun with my kids. I am noticing little glimpses here and there of what might be in store around the corner with teenagers! But I'm determined to enjoy each stage! We have been having fun getting to know kids and their families that are our kids' ages... On President's Day, the Williams family invited a few families to go hiking at Usery Park and have breakfast afterwards! It was a blast! It was a nice, easy hike that anyone could do! Even the 2 year old kids were hiking some of it. I will admit, my first thought was that we needed to stay at home and get some jobs done! I get the best work out of my kids first thing in the morning...but it's important to play too. (My kids won't believe I'm writing this!) Thanks Kristy for helping us have some fun!
As you can see, there is cactus all over the place. This particular cactus wasn't very forgiving when Abbie and Kia stepped on it! I guess this kind of cactus jumps out and attatches to you if you even brush up against it. So we feel grateful that their shoes brushed up against instead of their pants! YOUCH! That would've been painful!
Sure glad Jason could get those prickly things out of their shoes! What a hero!
This park is only about 10 or 15 minutes away from our house. IT's fun because it has a close place to hike, a playground, bathrooms and picnic benches! THis is my idea of getting away into the outdoors. It's not too far from home, and has some of the bare essentials. Now don't get too excited, cuz I'm not saying I like to camp. That's another story. I really DON"T like camping, but I like hiking and I like the outdoors...I just don't like to be away from the comforts of life too long. I know, I'm spoiled. But not really....
If there is ever some catastrophe (I hope I spelled that right) I want to be in the Williams or CLuffs camp. Look at this stove! They totally set the stove up, cooked for 6 families like it was nothing, filled us all up and then cleaned it up, and packed it back away! That's what I call being prepared!
Posted by Picasa
Here we are hiking. NO, we don't have a new kid in the family. We just love little Henry and steal him every chance we get.
What a bunch of good looking boys! They were out hiking around and playing the whole time! We got home and found a few minor cuts and bruises, but all in all, it was a BLAST! We really should do stuff like this more often!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey--How do you get your collages big like that--and post multiple ones on one post?? I have no computer skills--let alone picasa skills...If you see the last one on my blog--that's the biggest I can make it(well the only size i know how to make it) and I don't know how to most more than one thing at a time from picasa...HELP!!! PULEEZE!

Heather said...

You hold "ctrl" down and click on the collages you want. You can only upload 4 at a time. After you get into "edit post" click on the number that says 400s and change it to 640s. I only do it cuz my friend showed me how!