Feb 12, 2010

I've lost my mind! And my Fed-Ex package too!

Tuesday morning I needed to be ready to go to the airport by 8:30am.  I was leaving for another trip to San JOse to do hair.   THat doesn't sound too early, but I had to get my 3 kids to the bus and then had to run to the product store for a new carving comb (comb with a razor in it).....so I was a bit stressed.  I tend to run my life that way....I don't know why...I just think I can get more done than I ever have time for.  I thought I was all packed, and I was...I guess I forgot my medication....DARN!  I didn't notice until midnight.  To be honest, I'm not happy that I NEED to take medicine everyday, but what can I do about that?  So I called DAvid in a panic and asked him if he would PLEASE send my medicine Fed-EX overnight so I could get it ASAP.  He is such a kind and loving husband.  He agreed and didn't get irritated that I woke him up...I thought I had it all figured out.  Well, my cute husband went during his lunch hour to send my medicine, got the tracking number and everything.  He let me know what time it would arrive and was proud of himself!  Well, what do ya know?  He had a lady help him send it, and she put in our address as the address to send it to and the address here in San Jose as the return address.  So in a nutshell, we paid $10 to have my medicine sent from David's work to our house.  Hmmmm....not good.  I called the DR and she called in a prescription.  $12 for 3 pills!  Oh well, at least I have them.  I guess I should have just done that in the first place.  I should learn my lesson and start packing earlier.  I am just not a fan of packing and since I leave every 6 weeks....and it's to work, I'm really not excited about packing.  But it NEVER fails, I always leave something!  My toothbrush, my contact solution, my scissors, you name it.  I end up buying something everytime!  I guess that's just the way it goes.  Keeps life interesting, huh?

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I hate having to take a darn pill everyday too and I've had to race to the busstop several times after thinking I could go just one more place too before picking Lucas up.
I wouldve been SO irritated at the fed-ex people!

Loree said...

oh heather! sorry for your troubles. u crack me up girl! i wish we were still in the same ward. ps.. thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. I really appreciate you and your kind words. love ya girl :)

sasmithfam said...

I usually forget something while packing to go somewhere too. Thankfully, we usually go somewhere where we can buy it if we have to. I don't enjoy buying something if I know we already have it at home. That is the way it goes sometimes. :) I'm impressed that your hubby didn't get irritated about it. What an awesome guy!