Mar 25, 2010

The Amazing Race!!!

It's always nice to have fun and very ambitious friends! Tiffany Watkins is one of those kinds of people that everyone wants to be around. She makes life fun and exciting and has lots of great ideas and energy to go with it! We were so excited when we got invited to compete in "THE AMAZING RACE!" I've always wanted to be on that show....so here it is MESA AZ style. :)
 
IF you look at the invitation, you'll see I'm really behind. I know it's mid March and I'm still talking about February. And will be for a couple more posts too. :) Here we are gathering to get started on this race. We're sizing up our competition. I'm wishing I was fit like my honey. Really, it was just so fun to see so many of our friends and were so excited to have a night to hang out together!

 
I didn't get everything...but here is one part where we were supposed to kick the football through the goal. David, my athletic man that he is, kicked it the first time! I was pretty proud of him. Then he had to run one lap around the track.....
 
...and before we could get the next clue, he had to eat a fun dip, sugar, stick and all. So here he is chewing it and Greg is demonstrating the very green tongue.

 
Here we are at Chuck-E-Cheese. This is where we started to go wrong. Of course, it's because it was my turn to do something. I never have been good at this competition stuff. I thought the least I could do was get 25,000 points at skee ball, but no. We had a 5 minute penalty. THat's where everyone passed us up...but we still had fun.
Posted by Picasa
 
Here we were supposed to order 2 things from the dollar menu. Another mistake on our part. WE ordered 2 things of chicken nuggets...lots of other people came after us and ordered drinks, quickly drank and ran. THere's where we lost the 2nd half of the competition. Darn....but we were just laughing so much. It really was fun!

 
Davey was our driver. He looks so determined, doesn't he?
 
These are all the pictures Tiffany took of us as we came running into Krispy Kreme to solve a puzzle before we got our next clue. Isn't she just so creative? I can't believe I'm on this date! I want to do this again! Maybe I'll be more in shape next time. We can only hope!
Posted by Picasa

 
As you can see, it was a race. Mark's back with sweat just shows how hard it was....or at least that it was a competition. It's so great to have friends like this! These are the moments and times we live for!
 
Here we all are at the PIT STOP of the race. The final....Thanks to TIffany for a great night of fun!
 
ANd thank you to all our officials who helped this all come to pass!

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mead Family said...

Seriously that looks so ridiculously fun!! Of course you guys made it even more fun. Laughing at your chicken nugget purchase! Good times.

Autumn said...

That looks like fun! You grew up playing skee-ball Heather! Come on! ;P

Team Cody said...

This looks So fun...we wanna get in on it next time! Is it just once a year?