Mar 26, 2010

Uncle Craig's Visit

Uncle Craig went to San Diego to visit a friend and escape his cold weather. He decided to stop in at our house for a few days on the way home. We sure love having him visit! I don't have many uncles actually. And Uncle Craig never married or had kids, so we were KIND OF like his kids. He could only take so much of us, but what time he could take, he would spoil us. I always say I'm his favorite....but I'm sure that just stirs up trouble, so Craig says that I'm the "self-proclaimed favorite niece". Nice, huh? :)
 
Craig is pretty easy going. Doesn't take much to entertain. If it were me going on a trip, I would want to go and see stuff and go places and feel like I was on a trip! For Uncle Craig, he is content to walk around the neighborhood, and maybe even over to the Post Office.....read the paper, and maybe see a couple of sites that are FREE. I tried to think of where I could take him that wouldn't be too spendy....so, I thought about Gilbert. That's a fun place to go. Downtown Gilbert where it's got some historical kind of stuff. WHat guy doesn't like to go and look at old fashioned cars? Craig liked this place. It's always fun to dream, right?
 
Just a little further down the street from the cars is a yummy place to eat called Joe's Bar-B-Q. That is a yummy place and a fun atmosphere too. Doesn't that sandwich look scrumptious too? I think so!

 
Another day, Craig wanted to go out and see the old Ghost Town. I think it's called Goldfield Mine or something like that. THat's what I put on the picture anyway. He has been there a couple of times, but he really likes it there. Our neighbors accross the street tease us for taking people here. THey think it's funny that it's an attraction we show out of towners. We don't give in to the teasing though :) we still take people there because they seem to enjoy it. Here is Craig sitting inside of the church at the ghost town.
 
AFter a while, I felt bad taking Craig everywhere "free". C'mon. You gotta have something to go home and say that you did. Whenever I think about Craig, I think of his LOVE for our country. He is so into buying only American and so when I noticed that this dinner theater in Mesa was having a show called "George M" (which is a patriotic kind of show) I thought we would treat him to a night there. We have heard about this place several times but have never gone ourselves. Isn't it funny how we do stuff for company, but not ourselves. Like deep cleaning, going to more expensive entertaining kind of places, etc. I guess it's a good excuse or something.
The doors open at 5:30 to start eating. We had an hour and a half to just eat. The kids were in HEAVEN! They were able to pick out the stuff they liked from the buffet and then they went to the dessert bar! NOW that's what was heaven for them! THey went back 2 or 3 times. They kept saying what an AWESOME place that was! Maybe cuz we don't usually get so much dessert and we let them eat to their hearts' content!
Posted by Picasa
 
Here we are posing in front of a HUGE American Flag! We're already feeling REALLY patriotic!

 
After all that food and then a great show, the kids were SOOO tired! They flopped down on the couches outside of the theater and wanted to fall asleep! They really loved it though. Craig was impressed too! I'm so glad we went there! THanks Craig for coming and spending some time here in warm ARizona! Pretty soon it will be too hot again, but we're glad you could thaw out here while MInnesota was FREEZING with lots of SNOW! Come again!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I love Uncle Craig! Glad you got to see him and those places you went look fun! I'd like to see that Ghost Town also!