Mar 23, 2010

IT's a Girl's Night OUt and We're Gonna Have Fun!!!

 
Last week was Spring Break. We stayed home this year. Too many bills and I had a full week of doing hair...so we made the best of the time we had at home. Mostly the kids played outside with their friends. Abbie has been asking me for about a month to take her out for "Special Time". She was very specific in where she wanted to go. I was surprised, because we haven't been here forever...but she wanted to go "where all the fountains are!" You would think she would pick CHuck-E-Cheese or McDonalds....but instead, she wanted "Costa Vida". Woo Hoo, a girl after my own heart! I love that place and haven't been for a while. She wanted to eat outside so we could see the big fountain. IT was actually a really beautiful evening, so I was happy to sit outside too. In a month or so....we'll be dying of heat and either need a mister outside or just stay inside with the airconditioning.
 
It wouldn't be a night out with Abbie if we weren't striking poses and giggling a bit. Abbie is such a ham and really enjoys attention on her. She can be so fun to be around! She was cracking herself up with all of her poses. I love the scenery all around. Arizona really is a nice place to live. I love the shopping especially! I shouldn't, but I do.
 
After eating, we walked over to the fountain and got out 5 pennies. We were figuring out where we wanted to toss the coins and stuff. Of course Abbie was wanting to reach in and get some extra coins to toss, but I let her know that wasn't a good thing to do! Notice Abbie sitting next to her pennies to show you her coins before she makes a wish with them!
 
Now, what to wish for? How many different poses can I get with a little girl thinking of what to wish for! She let me know she was wishing for a bike and a pink scooter and then I said she can't tell me or it wouldn't come true! She was very concerned and wanted to "take it back". I thought that was cute.
Posted by Picasa
 
Here we are in action. TOssing the coins hoping our dreams will come true! Abbie asked "Mom is your wish that Dad will kiss you?" She is pretty hung up on kissing and marriage and all that stuff. I'm trying to remember if I was like that when I was young. I think that I thought it was gross if my parents kissed. I don't know....

 
We walked down the whole sidewalk stopping at EACH and EVERY fountain to make a wish. GOod thing I had lots of coins in my purse that day, huh? We had to stop and pose by the gorgeous flowers that were there!

 
THis place is great, you pass by several cool stores, like Borders, an ice cream shop, Pei Wei's (SP) and places like that. WEll, around the corner is one of MY favorite spots. IT's call Paradise Bakery. It is paradise to me for sure! We got some little mini cookies in our little box to top off the night with a little somethin' sweet! Sweets for the sweet, huh?

 
We decided to count all the fountains on the way back to the car. You see us holding up 9 fingers, and that is EXACTLY how many fountains we made wishes in I think this is going to be a LUCKY year! WHat do you think? Thanks for suggesting this Fun Special Time Abbie! We'll have to do it again sometime. What a great idea!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sasmithfam said...

Love it! Looks like you had a good time! It is fun for the kids to get some bonding time away from the chaos at home. Great idea Abbie! :)

Autumn said...

I love you two so much. Loved the pics, all the poses and Miss Abbie is so incredibly adorable. I love her shirt too! I need a girl!! You're a lucky woman to have a girl, but I do love my boys. Can't wait to see you two.

Activekids said...

I can hardly wait to eat at that Place! Its My Moms Favorite Place! I love Daughter and Mother time! ITs the Best! Looks like you had fun fun!:)