Mar 16, 2010

You can Tell You're getting older when.....

 

You know, my mom always made a big deal about holidays. I don't know if it's because my mom just LOVED the holidays or the fact that there were 7 of us and mom felt entitled to spend a little money on us and make a big deal during the holidays. Whatever the reason being, I LOVE celebrating holidays! I think it's funny when I look back at pictures of when I was first a parent until now. My kids were really young and could have CARED LESS...yet that was the time that we carved pumpkins, decorated the Christmas tree, made sugar cookies with the neighborhood....you get the point! Now, when they are actually remembering specific events in their lives, I find myself too busy and tired....and then TRY and might I say TRY again....to make it somewhat of a memorable holiday. I let the kids decorate the Christmas tree, thus the reason you didn't see all my CUTE decorating on the blog....and then as you can see in this picture, I don't do cut out sugar cookies.....I do cupcakes! Much easier, quicker and send them outside to eat them! As I look through my Feb pictures, (of which I have more to catch up on) I see that I need to make a little more effort with the kids. I mean well....it's just amazing where all the hours go! I wonder how my mom did it with 7 kids! I feel SSTTRREETTCCHHEEDD to the max and utterly exhausted most days and only have 3 kids. I am sounding like "Lemuel" right now, but 's late and I feel like "unloading" if you will. With that said, it was fun and the kids enjoyed eating most of the frosting before getting it on their cupcakes and dumping 1/2 a bottle of sprinkles on each cupcake before eating them. Yum!
 
I didn't realize the kids had taken so many pictures of me talking on the phone. I guess this is the cake decorating time in the kids' eyes. Good one, huh? I'm sure I was talking about something REALLY important! :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Parenting said...

Blogwalking from Indonesia, looking for new information. How do You do?