Apr 14, 2010

My Kids WIll NEVER!!!!

Famous last words, huh? "My Kids Will NEVER!!!" Do you know how many times I have had to eat those words? I remember being the "babysitter" growing up and noticing some things that were errors on the part of the parents that I was tending for. For example: I couldn't imagine why parents would buy SOO many toys....it's hard to keep them organized and clean! Well, now my kids' rooms are messes from "little pieces" like legos or crayons or something else.

Ok...Here's another one....My kids' faces will never be messy and their noses will always be wiped! Uh......my kids always have a booger or 2....or when they were small had colds with noses dripping and their little tongues trying to catch it....you get the point.
Well, here is another thing that my kids were NEVER going to do! Ok, MY kids were supposed to be the "cool ones" that dressed REALLY nice! You know, the polo shirts and stuff. I thought I was the cool mom that "knew" the styles. Apparently NOT!

So, what do my kids chose to wear? Sweat pants and t-shirts and even worse, old soccer uniforms day in and day out! OH MY GOODNESS! I need to hide these 3 shirts! Eli is constantly looking in the laundry for these shirts! MY child wasn't going to do that! I always thought it was funny when there were kids hooked on one shirts! Ha ha!!!! Now I have one of those! I put him on a "diet" and say he is only allowed to wear them once a week!! Does this make me a mean mom? Am I worried too much about what others around me are thinking? Do people think I still dress my kids at ages 7,9 and 11? I hope not! Well, we have DEFINITELY gotten our money's worth and them some outta this shirt! Look at the neck! It's officially a lint collector now! WOW....
 
And THIS shirt! THIS ONE takes the cake for sure! I think this shirt is from 3 years ago....and he has worn it 3 times a week since then. WHY oh WHY did I ever buy the 20 other shirts that are in his drawer? I have NO idea, cuz all they do is CROWD the drawer and make it messy....cuz ELi throws them all out looking for those top 3 shirts! I am ready to HIDE them or THROW them away or DONATE them! I'm a bad mom for sure for posting this, but I HAD to do it for posterity sake. Just to remember what these good ole' days were really about!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

You are so funny Heather. I can totally relate. Last year I bought the kids all new "cool" school clothes. Logan would only wear 1 shirt. Grrr. Trey likes to coordinate his shirt with his underwear. Today is was batman shirt and batman underwear. That's when you know it's going to be a good day. :)

sasmithfam said...

I guess it must be the age, that they are boys, or I am not sure what...Braeden is constantly wearing the same shirts over and over week after week...he would be content with only 4-5 shirts, but I AM the MEANEST mom ever cuz I won't let him and make him change if I keep seeing the same shirts. I MAKE him wear all of his shirts so at least you are NICE...TOO funny, I thought it was just Braeden; sometimes it makes me feel 'more normal' if other families go through the same things and it is not just me, ie. husbands, boy things, etc. :) :)

Crissie said...

Too funny. I have to sometimes remind my kids of the "once a week" rule. :) And isn't it funny how easy it is to judge other parents before you have kids? Stan and did a lot of overnight babysitting before we had kids and we were really good at judging these incompetent parents. :) We laugh about it now.

Tawni said...

LOL that is hillarious! I have too thought all those same things. We truly don't know what it's going to be like until we are there and what really does matter and the certain things we choose to ignore instead of fighting about it.
I recognize the shirts. LOL
I have hid those kinds of shirts from my boys because I am soo sick of looking at them. (Super Hero shirts, isn't Hunter too old for them, or is that me being a mean mom) I have also passed them on to "pajama shirts" because they look soo bad.
That seems to work for now because mine are little, but I doubt that will work when they are Eli's age. So good luck, no you are not a mean mom. I like these kinds of posts, it makes people laugh and Eli will think this is funny when he is older, reading it in your book.

Autumn said...

Haha! I wonder if thats a 2nd child thing because Lucas still lets me pick his clothes so I can make sure all his shirts are being worn, but not Sam! He wants to wear certain shirts and it's usually the same few and it's been that way since he was 2!