Apr 17, 2010

Raw Egg Toss at Easter!

The kids have all had their scooters stolen. They must be a nice and easy thing to take. I didn't realize they were all gone, cuz they will ride their bikes and other things. But recently I was having some of the neighbors complain that my kids were always taking their kids' scooters and going to other neighbor's houses. Just what a mom wants to hear. So, we decided that since we didn't have birthday parties for the kids this year, that we would get them an "easter gift". They have LOVED these scooters! That will be another blog entry...but I thought I'd include the pictures to show them getting them anyway.
 
The neighborhood HOA held an egg hunt. I tried to capture pictures of the kids looking....but I was busy SNEEZING! I don't look forward to egg hunts just because it's spring, everything is blooming and standing in the middle of grass with blooming things around is not my idea of fun. I know, these pictures look like everything is DEAD! But somewhere, it's all trying to come back to life and it's KILLING me! Don't I just sound like the funnest mom in the world? :)
 
My friend Tawni and her husband Brian went off for the weekend. She is the one that taught me to blog....and I thought I would at least capture her kids in the egg hunt. Their grandma was kind enough to come and watch them and bring them to the egg hunt! Cute, huh?
 
Now this is something I have never seen done at Easter. Maybe it's nothing much to the rest of you, but I thought it was funny to see people tossing raw eggs to each other. You know, the game where you toss the egg, and then take a step back and you keep doing that until the egg breaks! I've seen this done with water balloons and the end result is not NEARLY as messy as the end result of eggs. But you know, they were all good sports about it! This was actually the bright spot for me! I had fun watching them!
Posted by Picasa

 
Wouldn't you know? Poor Eli ended up wearing his egg! It was hilarious to see his reaction and watch him try to get the slimy gunk off! He was sliding on the grass, rubbing himself on the tree or shaking his arms. Anything but actually TOUCHING the stuff to get it off! I was really laughing!
 
Easter was a little different since it fell on "General Conference" this year. That is when our church meets together as a WHOLE church to listen to our Prophet and his Apostles. (we watch it on TV or the internet). It was really good! I guess I took advantage of the fact that we didn't go to "regular" church.....and didn't buy the kids Easter outfits. Nice mom, huh? It's just one more thing. So, here we are casually sitting outside dying eggs and blowing bubbles. Very low key! I think this was a year we were really able to focus more on the Savior and the real reason for Easter! (No, dying easter eggs is NOT the real meaning of Easter. :) )
 
Mark, Liz and Cade came over for a Ham and Scalloped potato dinner. They are like our family here. We have just loved living close to them. It's always nice to have people over that you feel so comfortable and can just sit around and talk, and arm wrestle, watch movies, play games, etc. All in all, it was a nice Easter. Very different from the ones I grew up with, but nice.....
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tawni said...

Looks like soo much fun!
My mom told me you took pictures, thanks soo much for doing that for me!

FYI, My brother just got his mission call, he leaves in 2 months, so you have about that long with the camera. I'm so glad you are able to get a new one soon, that is exciting, you can't live without a camera!