Apr 13, 2010

Please Help my Wife! She's looking like a Mormon Mom!

Being a hairdresser is a FUN job! I love it more than I ever thought I would. I didn't grow up thinking I would be a hairdresser. In fact, I always played "secretary" and loved taking care of babies. So I thought I'd either be a pediatric nurse or a secretary somewhere. I changed my major LOTS of times, but for some reason, after nothing seemed "right" I gave "Hair" a go....and whadayaknow? I LOOOVVVEEE it! WHy you ask? It's so fun to make people feel good! I love hearing the words "I LOVE IT!" Or "I feel SOO much better! THANK YOU!" I love meeting new people and I love the friendships that have come through GREAT clients that I have! With that said, there are some REALLY funny things that happen as a hairdresser. Most people set up their next appt for 5 or 6 weeks out. THen, there are others who have long hair or whatever and call me when they are in desperate need. I have to say, I have never seen this desperate and I HAD to write about it!
So, I was in California doing my week of hair there, when I get this phone call from my friend Jamie's husband. I thought that was weird cuz I don't usually talk to him. I am NOT joking when I say this.....he said, "Hi Heather, this is Travis, Jamie's husband. She says you're in CA but I am checking to make sure. We are leaving Sunday morning to go up to Utah for her brother's wedding and she NEEDS a haircut! She is looking like a Mormon mom and needs your skills!"
Now, just to make sure no one is offended by this statement....I will say, WHAT is wrong with being a Mormon Mom? We are REALLY nice people! And I will say that alot of us have some kind of fashion sense...at least I think we do.....I think he was trying to exaggerate a little to let me know that she looks better with a less conservative haircut.....Anyway, I called her and she was SOOO embarrassed! She couldn't believe Travis had "gotten into her business" and didn't want to put me out....but since she has been one of my best friends from Utah and is like my sister...I told her to come over at 10:30 at night after I got off the plane and i would "save" her and give her to doo she desserved! LOL!!!

Here she is in the "before" shot. Isn't it funny how in the "before" you don't want them to smile or anything? Kinda like....WOA is me! It's really not that bad! I was ready to see something WAY worse... none the less....I was ready to get out my scissors and carving comb and have at it!
Oh My! 11:24 pm? It's so late! She IS a great friend! :) Really, I don't mind....I would do anything for Jamie. I love her!
WOWZA! SHe is Gorgeous! No longer a frumpy mom! She is ready for the ball! I mean wedding! :)
Here is my HAPPY friend! This is why I love my job! Look at the way Jamie is smiling after I'm done with her hair!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You're the best Gooder! Thanks for saving me from the 8 week uneven grow-out! Back to normal! and I must say you are a true friend.... mostly for putting up with Travis! lol!

Tawni said...

I LOVE it! That is too funny about the husband...Brian would be in trouble if he did that to me, just joking.

Alena Jo said...

lol! That's too funny that her husband first of all thought of her looking like a "Mormon mom" and then had the guts to call to set up an appointment for her. Too funny. They must be good friends of yours!

I think her hair cut is adorable! Great job, Heather! (As always!)

sasmithfam said...

Heather to the rescue! Not like I thought there needed to be any rescue...however, a nice cut color always feels great to me... Awesome, looks great!!