Apr 27, 2010

My Roomates Came Back to Visit Me!

I went to Ricks College....that is currently BYU Idaho in Rexburg, ID. I guess this dates me a little, huh? :) It sure was fun going there. I ended up only going for one year. I realized I didn't like paying so much money to go up and socialize! Some things NEVER change! Well, 2 of my roomates came down to visit. It was SOOO fun to see them again! Amy (Slade) Lemke and Shanna (Wood) Fuhrimann. We really had so much fun together! We laughed about some of the things we used to do! I can't believe how much I forgot! Something I didn't remember but they did was that I would go into different bedrooms to talk to people while they were studying. Apparently I didn't study so much, but would feel bad bothering the same person, so I would trade off who I would go in and talk with. I DO have pictures of me studying, but apparently it wasn't enough! Nothing to be proud of, but those are just the facts!
 
Here we are....Me, Shanna and Amy! It was so fun to just be with them again, even if it was only for a couple of days!
Amy had the idea that we should all go up to Washington to see Karie's grave. (She is one of our roomates that died of Hodgkins Disease). The weekend they picked I wasn't going to be able to go. I told them they should still do it and just post some pictures. I guess they decided we would do that when we could ALL be there, so the next best thing was to come and visit me in Arizona. Shanna has a friend here that wanted her to do some faux painting, so she came down to do that, and Amy rode the Greyhound bus from New Mexico to have our little reunion! It's fun to see how we have changed. Definitely different now that we are older and wiser....I hope we are anyway, but fun to talk about those good ole'days...
 
My kids had lots of fun getting to know them. They thought it was funny to look at pictures of their mom with curly funny big hair. Hey, that was the style back then! :)
Amy and Shanna came to church with us. After church, they taught my kids to fold papers into a pac man kind of thing. What are roomates for? Nothing like having one more thing to clean up, huh? LOL just kidding!
 
Posted by Picasa
We'll definitely have to do this again. I forgot how much fun we all had together! Love you guys!
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I was not able to come to this one, hopefully I will be able to come next time and share what I remember, like "MMMM, no bake cookies sound good!" and what would I do make them, you really knew how to distract me from work/studying!!

Shanna said...

Thanks for the memories Heather! You are truly a "Gem of a Friend" Defiantly need to do this on a yearly (at least) basis!