Mar 2, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect!!!

 
Posted by Picasa

I was the 2nd of 7 children, which meant that I had LOTS of experience with babies. I was babysitting at age 11. One of the downsides of having a hysterectomy at age 31 is that my kids don't have any babies in the house. So, we just "adopt" cute babies from friends and act like they are our own even for just a few hours.

This little Talan is one of our favorites! His parents (and our friends Ü) ran the RAGNAR this last weekend. My kids were so excited to be in charge of a baby for a day and a half. I love it because this gives them the practice they need! We had some of the neighbor kids over "helping" us too. Talan is such a good natured baby, so the time flew by fast! I'm so glad the kids enjoy being with babies, that will makes them such great parents one day!

As for me, I LOVE holding those cute babies, but I have to admit, they are more work than I remember. And it's amazing the amount of stuff it takes to keep them happy! So much equipment! So, I'm content to be in the spot of life that I am. I love having 3 older kids that are independent, and I don't have to feel guilty that I'm not having any more. But you can bet that I'll steal any cute baby to kiss and hold for a few minutes or hours until I'm too busy or they just want their momma back!

1 comment:

Sara Langlois Fisher said...

So cute! Reminds me of Jake and I with your kids :) One day Abbie and the boys can babysit our kids! Time sure flies...miss you guys so much!