Feb 23, 2011

Valentines Party at School and Home...

I try to go and help at the kids' classrooms once a week. I enjoy it and love being able to see the kids in their own classrooms with their teachers and classmates. It's a great way to keep in touch with what's really happening there. This week I went twice since I help on Thursdays and the parties were on Friday.
 

 

 
My Friend Sara Ray gave me a GREAT idea. She said she does a Family Fondue Party for Valentines Day. We have had fondue parties with friends before, but never just the kids. Sara was a sweetheart and went and got me Alfredo Sauce from Olive Garden and brought it over. We dipped french bread and veggies in that sauce. I was excited to have this special night. Well, after I saw so much food....I thought "We should share this with some friends!" So...I called a few friends here in the neighborhood...
 
Posted by Picasa
The Allens...
 
The Griners...
 
The Bowmans...
 
And Us!....
 
Posted by Picasa
We should have called the Mostoskys, Speths, Gaineys and Randalls. There are so mnay fun families here in the neighborhood...I hate leaving people out.

Anyway, We sat outside and enjoyed the company, the fondue and the fire! That is really one of my favorite things to do. We might have to make this a tradition!

3 comments:

Mead Family said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea!! I always feel like we should do something fun on Valentine's Day and struggle with ideas. Gonna steal this one:) You guys are partying all the time. I love it!

Smith Moments said...

Hi Heather...It's fun to pop in and see what you and your cute family is up to. We MISS Arizona (and CA)!! I'm going to have to remember the fondu idea. Looks (and I'm sure tastes) fabulous!

Tawni said...

We had a lot of fun! I'm soo glad you called us. I just wish I hadn't just eaten and I would have went to town on all that fondue!