Feb 20, 2011

Nothing More Constant than CHANGE!

I'm always amazed how things work out in life. When I'm not enjoying something....it NEVER ends and when I wish I could stay doing something, it CHANGES QUICKLY! Ü Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor, doesn't he?

So....Last week, we had a new Bishop called...which means that David was released from the Bishopric. He really enjoyed that calling, although it was ALOT of work! But you know, that's how we grow and learn is through service. He grew so much during this last year and a half. As soon as David said he was going to be release, I had a sinking feeling that my calling wouldn't be for much longer. You see....I LOVE my calling in the Primary. I play the piano. I have to say it has been one of my FAVORITE callings ever! I will admit, one BIG reason that I love it so much is it's SO EASY. Ü No planning, no practice, no extra meetings, no time commitments, and I get to see my cute kids faces singing songs, and the Spirit is always so Strong. What's not to like? I would tell David to make sure I stayed in that calling as long as he was in the Bishopric.

I remember telling a friend that I was nervous about what was around the corner because David was released...and she likened it to Jonah, how he didn't want to go and do what he was supposed to do. I just had a feeling I was heading into the Relief Society. Well, Saturday...Bishop McLaws came over and extended a call to the Relief Society Presidency as the 2nd Counselor. I am excited to work with this Presidency. It's full of wonderful women, but I couldn't help miss my kids in the Primary.

Well, at the end of church, (the last 5 minutes) The Primary came to get me and when I walked into the room, the whole Primary started singing to me....Here are the words and the music was "I love to see the Temple"
 
Posted by Picasa
I Burst into tears! I just love those kids! They know I really loved them too! I really tried to have fun with them in there. I would look over the piano to see if they were singing and if they weren't I'd give them a hard time and then they'd start to sing. Music is something I love and I will always treasure the memories of being with my kids in Primary.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I don't love change either. And i have decided I rather Like Andrew to have the big calling. Since he's been in the high counsel I get to be an activity day leader. I have to say it's an absolute pleasure to go to church and not have to worry about nursery teachers and such. Although 8 am is still torture. You'll be a great addition to the relief society.

Crissie said...

I heard the news!! Too bad we can't stay primary pianist forever hu? You'll be an amazing counselor in R.S.!

Tawni said...

Oh, that is soo cute! I would have cried too.
I'm excited that you are in Relief Society! You make it funner for all of us.
You are good wherever you are, you are the friendliest person ever!

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo! You will change so many women's lives in the ward....and...let's get some pictures printed...like last week... love you lady!

Sarah S. said...

What's a girl to do with so many talents and gifts? You have a talent for the piano and a gift of being so personable with others. You will be amazing in your new calling. But then again, you would be amazing where ever you are.

Autumn said...

Your post made me cry too! LOL
Time to grow Heather! You're going to be great as the 2nd Counselor and you're going to love being in Relief Society. *hugs*