Feb 1, 2011

Mason for President!!

 

Well, while we're on the subject of not winning. Let's just keep it going.....Mason ran for Student Body President and didn't make it this year. He lost to one of his best friends....but I was really proud of him for doing it. He didn't want to do it, but I coaxed him into it. I know he is well-liked and a great leader. We just didn't have the "cool speech" (a rap) like his friend Tait did. Those darn clever people. Ü He's a great kid and I'm glad he's our son. I think there are great life lessons learned when we don't win everything. Sure, it's a let down and hurts the pride a little, but it gives us empathy for later in life, right?

He actually took it like a man. The two of them are still friends, as they should be....and he said he'd try it again. So, here's to better luck next year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah S. said...

You are a great mom Heather! I think our kids are getting to the point where they are having these "big moments" that shape who they are by how they deal with it. He'll learn more from losing than he ever would from winning. (Not that you hope for them to lose but you know what I mean.) :)