Dec 10, 2009

Santa Came to our Park and Brought a LITTLE snow too!

As you can tell from my last post...I feel like I have too much going on...but this morning I am determined to get a little caught up. Last weekend, our Neighborhood had Santa come and he even brought a little snow! It was kind of funny, because at first, since we don't get snow here in Mesa, everyone was just excited about the snow. Poor Santa was just sitting in the chair waiting for kids to come and talk to him. The kids didn't seem to mind that there were just 2 hills worth of snow dumped, they got as creative as they could and got out their tubes and such and tried to enjoy it while it lasted!
 
Here's Abbie with her friends Elyza and Kiersten making snowballs and sliding down the hill with a tube!
 
Go Mason! How fun to snowboard down a 3 foot hill! Hey, at least they are having fun, right?
 
Eli, Schuyler and Mason making a snowman after most of the kids had left the park. It sorta doesn't look like snow anymore, huh?
 
We LOVE this neighborhood. Couldn't ask for better friends and neighbors to live by! They have really become like family to us!
Posted by Picasa
 
Of course it wouldn't be complete without putting in a picture or two of my favorite baby in Arizona, Henry. He knows I love him and so he wanted to hang out with me for a while. HOw cute is that?
 
So, most kids LOVE to visit Santa and want to make sure they tell him what they want for Christmas. Abbie on the other hand has ALWAYS been afraid of him! She just starts to shake! We have NEVER gotten her to even get close to Santa. She will keep a good 4 or 5 feet away and just stare at him. For some reason, this year we were able to coax her into going and sitting on his lap. Her facial expressions let you know she's still not so sure about it, but she did it! Now, you can see he is really YOUNG. Maybe the younger ones aren't as scary? I'm just glad we actually got her to overcome another fear....

 
Such a fun day! Merry Christmas! I love this picture of my kids. I feel so grateful to be their mom!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

KordelandHeather said...

Hey I got your message and I've been figuring out picasa slowly but surely. I was just wondering, the only way I've been able to move pics around is by hitting "shuffle." Is there away to pick where I want to put pics? Thanks for your help!!!

Autumn said...

Cute, cute pictures Heather! And now I recognize most of the kids in them. Love that! :)
P.S. Thank you for clarifying he's your favorite baby in Arizona *LOL*

The Moore Family said...

Heather, Your blog is adorable! I am loving it! It was great hanging with you last night. Thank you!

Cluff Family said...

Having Santa and snow sounds like so much fun. Kudos to whoever planned that activity!