Dec 13, 2009

Tamales for Christmas!!

Our neighbor RIta offered to come over and teach us to make tamales. What a nice neighbor, huh? Just one more reason to like living here....

The Husks...
 
The spicy meat inside. This is a pork roast...and then she added these pepper things and smashed them into the meat. Kinda spicey...just how they like it. ME? I'm a wimp...can't do it spicey so much. But it's still a good thing to learn...

 
The Masa...I think that's how they call it. It's the corn stuff. And she adds some of that spicey stuff into the masa too. My nose and eyes are starting to run just thinking about spicey.... am I spelling spicey right?
 
....Now they are ready to be steamed for 45 minutes.....
 
Posted by Picasa
Davey is a quick learner!
 
Rita is a good teacher!
 
Thank you Rita! We love you! I forgot to get a picture of us eating them...but they were delish! It was a crazy night...we were on our way to the kids' Christmas concert...something I'll blog about soon....:)
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

mmmmm, now you can teach us :)