Aug 26, 2009

Meanest Mom in Mesa

My kids would say I should win this prize for sure! I am just trying to get them to be a little more....well, just a little better each day. I don't think I'm alone in saying this. I'm sure most of you moms all feel the same way!
We have been trying to be better about scripture reading this year and made a family goal to get up each morning at 6am to read. Now, mind you, we have 1 1/2 hours to get ready to get on the bus when we get up this early. Not a real challenge when you don't have THAT much to do to get ready!
So, after scriptures, Mason laid back on the couch and I thought to myself "I'll be nice and let him stay there for a bit...." but eventually, I started to give out the orders (in a nice voice of course) eat your breakfast, brush your teeth, do your hair, etc..... I even pack their lunches....
Needless to say, Mason almost missed the bus and let me know it was my fault that he didn't have time to blow his nose! LOL! Really?
Kids are funny. I love them to pieces, I really do....it just cracks me up that I try to teach them to be good and self disciplined and courteous....and then I get the blame when they run out of time to do the things they wanted to.
To go with this story, I must mention what a GREAT KID Mason really is. He is very kind hearted and loving towards most people. He has been so kind in helping Andrew our neighborhood friend on the bus and walking to class and stuff. I love Mason so much and feel like he is so Christlike. I just had to mention this morning's events because sometimes a blog can make you feel like your life is always perfect and rosy and I would like to see some "real" happenings sometimes. I'm always for speaking the real truth. That is what usually gets me in trouble, but it's my blog...so I can do it, right?

3 comments:

Tawni said...

I like all the good stuff on mine as a reminder of all the happy times we have...I like to forget all the not so good times...or maybe I don't want others to see our not so good sides...lol
Blogs are just awesome to put whatever we want on them!

Johnna Jayne said...

That is awesome you guys are reading the scriptures as a family every morning! I need to a book a h/c with ya.

Autumn said...

Yes you CAN!! Thanks for doing it too. I was told today that I'm a mean Mom too. Good to hear how life really is and not the rosy stuff all the time. I agree.