Sep 22, 2009

Fast and Speedy Trip!

 
David found out last Wed. that we was being called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. My first reaction was SHOCK. It seems like people are taken into the bishopric from the Elders Quorum. But what do I know? Obviously nothing. Pres. Peterson told David that he could call his dad to come and ordain him a High Priest.
 
I told him that Bob and Linda had just left THAT DAY to go to Ginger and Justin's house in Alabama and I was sure Bob wouldn't be able to make it for the ordination. David still wanted to call his parents and tell them about his calling. Well, Bob Crawford is such a good, sweet, kind, loving father and wanted to be there for David. It made me BURST into tears when I heard he was coming out to be there for him. He flew in on Saturday night and left Monday morning... what a gem! I have learned so much from this man. I am SO grateful he is my Father in Law. I actually just call David's parents "mom and dad" cuz I feel like they are my parents too. (Along with my own parents of course) What's wrong with having 2 sets of parents? More love, right?
Posted by Picasa
 
David felt REALLY overwhelmed when he was first called. I think the obvious reaction is to see all your weaknesses and insecurities...but after lots of prayer and meditation, he is ready to go to work and serve the Lord. Here are Bob and David in the evening after all the events had taken place. I couldn't help but capture the moment! Like father, like Son! (in more ways than one!) Hey, that rhymed!

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Aaron just told me the big news last night. He will be so great! What a neat thing that his dad got to ordain him to a High Priest. Welcome to the "old mans club". :)

Mead Family said...

You may have been surprised but I'm not! You guys are the salt of the earth:) Congrats-I guess if that is what you say...

Tawni said...

I still think it is crazy that he is in the bishopric! Way to go David and good luck to you! You will be awesome in the bishopric.

Autumn said...

LOve the background!!

Cluff Family said...

Hooray for David! I'm just catching up on blog happenings and I am thrilled to hear the news. He will be awesome and you will be an amazing support. It couldn't happen to two nicer people.