Sep 3, 2009

I'll be Home for Christmas (at least one of my homes)

 
We thought it would be fun to go to Utah for Christmas this year because we wanted a "White Christmas". The boys really wanted to ski and the kids all wanted to play in the snow....so we went to visit the Jefferies side of the family. Here we are with Nana Grandma and Grandpa after church.

 
One of my favorite memories is Christmas Eve at my parents house. I love that we all get together and sing a bunch of songs together, have Dad read the Christmas Story and then open one gift. Mom is usually notorious for giving practical gifts. I think she is determined to make sure we are "well prepared" in any kind of event. We have gotten wind up radios, foil blankets, dry pack meals and now you will see Rodd sporting his PORTABLE TOILET around his neck! What will be next? I don't even wanna guess. LOL I love you mom! You're the best!!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa
So much fun making Gingerbread Houses. I actually started this tradition years ago. I would go and get the niece and nephews and let them make their own gingerbread houses. Now, it's fun to have my own kids with Aut's kids making them! The funnest part is eating them. And notice Autumn is "wearing" hers! LOL!!!

3 comments:

Johnna Jayne said...

Now I've got that Christmas spirit! Loved seeing the pics with snow in it.

nancyj said...

Why did you put that ridiculous looking picture of me w/ Sam? I look like they just let me out of the State Mental Hospital! For Pete's sake, change that collage and put something better on there, would you?

Heather said...

C'mon Mom. You just look really excited about making gingerbread houses! I can't change collages that easily! Be happy you're in one. :) LOL