Sep 19, 2009

Grown Man throwing a Tantrum, HILARIOUS!!

Here in AZ we have a Ranch Market. A place that has produce for cheaper. It seems to be a real popular place for the "snowbirds." You know, the old folks. I really do love old people, but sometimes they act a little "entitled".....and/or "grouchy". I could tell you more than one story, but the one that happened today is just plain funny my friends!

I had just finished putting my groceries in my car and PUT MY CART AWAY. The parking spot next to me was vacant except for 3 shopping carts that people had left there. Now, to let you know, it is NOT a big parking lot at all, so a normal rational person would have noticed the 3 carts in the parking spot and would drive right on by. But since this spot was right in the front, this man was DETERMINED to take that front spot. So, all of a sudden, the guy throws his car into park and get out of his white truck in a big huff! He's already starting his tantrum. He is CLEARLY angry that has been inconveniently made to move these carts. Now, the nice side of me thought, "help him move them" but then the logical side of me thought, "that will just enable him to throw a tantrum next time too." So, I just sat in my car and WATCHED.....
The guy very angrily throws his car into PARK and gets out. In a huff, he puts the 3 shopping carts together and gives them a big shove hoping that they will now know that he means business and should NOT be in his parking spot. Well, as you can guess, the carts were NOT obedient and started rolling back into his spot! I am starting to giggle now.....wondering what he's going to do next. Now he is NOT going to let those carts push HIM around, so he starts to drive towards them thinking he can just push them out of the way with his car! Nope, one of the carts falls over on its side and the other 2 are heading that way. He has to get out of his car AGAIN. Now he is TOTALLY mad! He gets out, bends over in a huff, picks up the cart that is on its side, and totally CHUCKS it at the store. (Remember, he's trying to get a front row spot, and front row is like a foot from the building.) Then he puts the other 2 naughty carts together and gives then one more big shove!
Oh my goodness gracious! I know we all have bad days, and sometimes we feel like throwing a tantrum, but c'mon....wouldn't you be embarrased to be seen chucking a cart and being more than determined to get that front spot.
By the time he went through all of that, he could've parked somewhere else, gone inside and probably be paying for his bananas! People can be so funny sometimes. Nothing more interesting than people! Right friends?

2 comments:

nancyj said...

This is a hilarious story! Thanks for sharing. I am a people watcher too. We/They are very comical at times. I'm glad the guy didn't come over and give you a piece of his mind.

Tawni said...

Kay, thanks for that laugh, that is hilarious! I would have totally watched and laughed too. I LOVE to people watch..way too much fun!